This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is being allocated to primary school head teachers. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Total funding grant available to schools in the Grinling Gibbons and Lucas Vale (GGLV) Federation for 2018-2019= £37,319.
PE Grant Funding 2018-19
Lucas Vale £22,890.00
Full details of PE Grant Funding for 2018-19 can be downloaded below.
Funding priorities 2018-19
- Sports coach (employed March 2018) to lead on whole-school sports initiatives and support teachers in the teaching of PE
- Sports coach to lead on staff meetings/INSET to give staff opportunities to develop their own practice.
- In line with curriculum overview, consistently enter teams into borough competitions. Impact: pupils’ competitiveness impacts on other areas of the curriculum. They demonstrate competitiveness and sportsmanship.
- To invite profession Team GB/ Olympic athletes into school to host a special assembly and lead P.E. lesson for a day. Impact: Pupils and teachers are motivated by professional athletes with whom they get to work closely. Children are inspired to aspire for greatness.
- To offer a range of PE School Trips for KS2. Impact: Children experience a range of PE related trips to local venues and stadiums – encouraging a recognition of sports to develop aspirations.
- Purchase 5 a day.tv – online aerobics to encourage active learning and exercise within the classroom.
- During Sports Week (Summer Term), provide opportunities for years 3, 4 and 5 to take part in extra-curricular activities. Impact: Pupils are enthusiastic and apply core skills to the challenge. They transfer skills learnt and support each other through a range of problem-solving activities.
Please view Grinling Gibbons SEND Policy below