Lucas Vale’s Curriculum Intent Statement
“Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of minds to think.” Albert Einstein
Staff at Lucas Vale plan an exciting, ambitious and engaging curriculum that is designed to get the best out of every child. We ensure that our broad and balanced curriculum offer meets the needs within the National Curriculum and sees the progress of skills and knowledge year on year. Through a range of experiences and themes, children are able to develop the knowledge they need both.
Our school values are Respect, Aspiration, Integrity, Self-belief and Effort. These are key to the implementation of the curriculum alongside other values such as perseverance, independence, resilience and excellence. All of these values enable the children to build character and take responsibility for their own journey through school and the ownership of their learning.
We want all of our learners to:
- Be independent thinkers and enthused about the current subjects/areas they learning
- Be recognised as a unique individual and know that their individual strengths and qualities will be celebrated irrespective of their background or prior experiences
- Be challenged in the way they think and be encouraged to explain their reasoning or rationale and when necessary, be able to argue right from wrong.
- Undertake a range of experiences both within and outside the classroom. We recognise that our learners are enthused by such stimuli as trips or educational visits
- Not feel limited in the educational ground they can cover. There should be no ceiling or limitations to their learning.
We have exceptionally high expectations of behaviour including the underpinning of high standards of learning behaviours that equip children for their educational careers and the working world beyond.
We desire that the children at Lucas Vale would leave the school with a secure sense of identity in who they are, how they learn and ready for the next stage in life.
Through what we learn, our whole world can change.