We are excited to welcome the children to Year 2. We run an open door policy so please do not hesitate to come and speak to us if you have any questions or concerns.. We have lots and lots planned so please look out for key dates in the class curriculum letter or the up coming events section of this page. We run an open door policy so please do not hesitate to come and speak to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Year 2 Teaching Team
- Mrs Robertson – Teacher/ KS1 Lead (2R Class)
- Mrs Anti – HLTA (2R Class)
- Ms Sterling – Teacher (2S Class)
- Mrs Martin – Teaching Assistant (2S Class)
What we will be learning this term
- English: Spelling, grammar, punctuation, poetry, narratives, poetry and diary eneires
- Literacy: Spelling, grammar, punctuation, fictional narratives, poetry and diary entries.
- Maths: Time, money, fractions, shape and measurements.
- Computing: Basic skills.
- Science: Use of everyday materials.
- RE: Right and wrong/Easter symbols.
- History: The Great Fire of London/Samuel Pepys.
- Art: The Great Fire of London.
- Geography: Aerial View/The Great Fire of London.
- DT: Bread and cakes.
- Music: Traditional songs and rhymes.
- PHSE: Looking after our bodies.
- PE: Gymnastics.
- PE uniform and lost property
- Lucas Vales’ PE kit is now on sale from Whitehall Clothiers Lewisham Ltd, 244a Lewisham High Street, SE13 6JU. Please write your child’s name on all of their clothing as they sometimes get lost or misplaced. Please note we are not responsible for any lost items of clothing, we teach children to take full responsibility of their possessions as it is not only a skill for school but a life skill. If for any reason clothing is lost, we endeavour to help locate it but will not replace it. If any items of clothing are lost they are placed onto the lost property rail.