We are excited to welcome the children back to Year 1. We run an open door policy so please do not hesitate to come and speak to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Year 1S Team
- Miss Sterling – Class Teacher
- Miss Somers – Teaching Assistant
What we will be learning this term
• English: Spelling, grammar, punctuation, fictional narratives and poetry.
• Communication /Language and Literacy: Speaking and listening in small groups and whole class.
• Understanding the world; Learning about the world and how it has changed.
• Maths: place value, 2d shapes, add and subtract within 20.
• Computing: Basic skills.
• Science: seasonal change and Use of everyday materials.
• RE: Who am I? Festivals and celebrations
• History: History of me / Toys of the past
• Art: Superheroes, mixing colours
• Geography: routes around my local area
• DT: Gingerbread man, toys and cakes.
• Music: Charanga, Traditional songs and rhymes.
• PHSE: identity, how am I unique?
• PE: Gymnastics / dance
Please note the school has uniform on sale. Please write your child’s name on all their clothing- it helps enormously if they get lost or mixed up with another child’s clothes! Please note we are not responsible for any lost items of clothing, we teach children to take full responsibility of their possessions. If for any reason