We are excited to welcome the children back to Year 5. We run an open door policy so please do not hesitate to come and speak to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Year 5 Team
- Miss McFarlane – 5M – Class Teacher
Mr Fakouri – 5F – Class Teacher
Miss Barbara -5M Teaching Assistant
Miss Jan -5F Teaching Assistant
What we will be learning this term
• Literacy: Our first book focus will be The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan and our writing outcome will be a narrative opening. Our second book focus is Cosmic Kid by Frank Cottrell and the writing outcome is an adventure narrative. Our spelling focus is revision and completion of Year 4 spellings.
• Maths: Number and place value followed by addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Computing: E-safety and designing our own website.
• Science: Forces followed by Earth and Space.
• RE: Jesus humans divine
• History: Anglo-Saxons.
• Art: Impressionist.
• Geography: Scandinavia- human and physical features.
• DT: Viking boats and helmets
• Music: Living on a prayer- Rock Music
• PHSE: Looking after our bodies.
• PE: Gymnastics
Please write your child’s name on all their clothing- it helps enormously if they get lost or
mixed up with another child’s clothes! Please note we are not responsible for any lost
items of clothing, we teach children to take full responsibility with their possessions. If
for any reason clothing is lost, we endeavour to help locate it but we do not replace
uniform of any kind (please see our lost property policy)